WELL-BEING FOR STUDENTS
- Students will have access to staff resources to support their return to school, including Special Education Resource Teachers, School Counsellors, and Child and Youth Workers;
- Partnerships with community agencies will ensure that programs and resources are available to students.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING AND RESOURCES FOR STAFF
- Staff will use the data from our Parent/Guardian and Student Surveys to inform Board planning for professional learning and student support;
- Staff will engage in professional learning to support student well-being and mental health and awareness of resources;
- Professional learning will have a strong focus on building students' social-emotional learning skills so that they can build resilience, manage their stress and build positive relationships;
- School Mental Health Ontario will provide school boards with a professional learning framework and toolkit to support the mental health of all students prior to the start of the school year - we will tailor to the needs of our system.